Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 8334348535556575859606163687383 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,320 of 4163

Thread: Rumoured Player Signings & Movements

vCash
    Thanks

Re: Rumoured Player Signings & Movements

Quote Originally Posted by Voidler View Post
    So Hunt, Farrell, Everingham gone

We don't actually have a first grade winger for next year besides Merritt.
    This is particularly odd... It's all but confirmed we've signed Joel Reddy, but even so, we're still extremely low on depth. I think we can expect two or three outside back signings, one of which I expect to be a big buy.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KieranLivo View Post
    I said he has Mental ISSUES. There is a big difference. I suffer from mental illness myself so please don't lecture me over it. I was merely saying he needs help with his issues, not to lock him the asylum without a key.
    Mental issues? So what differs between "mental health" issus and "mental" issues? Is there a thin red line between issues and illness of your mental capacity? I would like to see what you define as a mental illness and as a mental issue.

Nevertheless, I best not go off topic too much further. Reddy in for Everingham apparently, another gamble similar to the Goodwin buy though I believe that Goodwin was much more of a gamble considering he was recovering from a life threatening injury. I mean, you don't just rupture your spleen any day of the week. For him to make it back to first grade let a lone be competitive is phenomonal. I really think a lot of people forget how serious of an injury he had prior to us signing him and the recovery he managed to make to be one of the top defensive centres in the competition. My hat goes off to him. Hopefully Reddy is in a similar boat regarding Madge being able to get his ability out come next year!

vCash
    Thanks

So looks like Mundine is pushing Blake towards Roosters not Souths as posters have stated previously .
    If they get Ferguson then hats off to Roosters organization for their powerful recruitment and ability to turn around the club in no time to be top of table force... Respect where it is due ..well done.
    Recruitment of SBW, Jennings,Maloney in additions to bleeding their dynamic youngsters and then if they get Blake can only be commended

vCash
    Thanks

I hope we would have a better recruitment team than one that would throw money away signing someone like Joel Reddy. FMD!
    THIS I BELIEVE

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    So looks like Mundine is pushing Blake towards Roosters not Souths as posters have stated previously .
    If they get Ferguson then hats off to Roosters organization for their powerful recruitment and ability to turn around the club in no time to be top of table force... Respect where it is due ..well done.
    Recruitment of SBW, Jennings,Maloney in additions to bleeding their dynamic youngsters and then if they get Blake can only be commended
    If this is based on the Sunday night dinner with SBW, then not anything serious.
    Mundine, SBW are very close, Blake is Mundine's nephew, going to dinner together is allowed and until anything formal is announced, as far as I'm concerned, Fergo is staying at the raiders.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Watto View Post
    Mental issues? So what differs between "mental health" issus and "mental" issues? Is there a thin red line between issues and illness of your mental capacity? I would like to see what you define as a mental illness and as a mental issue.

Nevertheless, I best not go off topic too much further. Reddy in for Everingham apparently, another gamble similar to the Goodwin buy though I believe that Goodwin was much more of a gamble considering he was recovering from a life threatening injury. I mean, you don't just rupture your spleen any day of the week. For him to make it back to first grade let a lone be competitive is phenomonal. I really think a lot of people forget how serious of an injury he had prior to us signing him and the recovery he managed to make to be one of the top defensive centres in the competition. My hat goes off to him. Hopefully Reddy is in a similar boat regarding Madge being able to get his ability out come next year!
    A mental illness is an illness. A mental issue is not; it is an issue. I don't know how to explain further without putting you on the phone to a counsellor. Like you said lets not go off topic, just going off my expierience to tell you I certainly don't mean Blake is crazy or anything like that, just in the wrong state of mind.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlameThrower View Post
    I hope we would have a better recruitment team than one that would throw money away signing someone like Joel Reddy. FMD!
    Nope.

A mental illness is an illness. A mental issue is not; it is an issue.
    I've tried to stay out of this discussion, but I think this is the best summary of it.

vCash
    Thanks

Interestingly, they'll have more than half of the current, failed SOO backline.

Excellent accounting.

vCash
    Thanks

Just my thoughts but letting go Hunt and replace with Reddy with groin injury does not make any sense to me ? Seems like a bit of a procession with the exits from Redfern Asotasi,Evo,Farrell,Peats,King ,Crocker,Hunt,Starling, maybe Clark pretty handy half a team right there Wonder who is next ?
    I WANT TO BELIEVE GLORY GLORY

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlameThrower View Post
    He would only be with us due to the fact Madge wants him and sees value in him within the team.

We could have offered the same comments about Evro and Goodwin. Madge developed them, and he may make drastic improvements in Reddy. Let's wait and see.

vCash
    Thanks

Here's an interesting article on different strategies for the Salary Cap by Brian Smith for all you aspiring club CEOs.clubs.

THE CAP RULES OK

I wont paste it here in full as it's too long.

vCash
    Thanks

I am here to be convinced about Reddy, though I trust Madge to know what he is doing and Souths would not have signed him without Madge's consent.

I do not think that there is a mass migration of stars from Souths, only players that do not fit into the long term plans of the club to hang on to players that they feel are part of a great future for our club. Roy was nearing the end of his great career, King is retiring, Hunt is a good player but small in stature for a winger or fullback. Evo has not been up to the standards required by Madge, particularly in defence. Dylan Farrell is a loss, but again has not consistently played to his potential and others have left our club to have a better chance to play their favourite position at another club because it is so hard to bet a run in our club because of the quality of players in our top side, so it goes on. We cannot hold on to everybody!

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Settlement View Post
    I am here to be convinced about Reddy, though I trust Madge to know what he is doing and Souths would not have signed him without Madge's consent.

I do not think that there is a mass migration of stars from Souths, only players that do not fit into the long term plans of the club to hang on to players that they feel are part of a great future for our club. Roy was nearing the end of his great career, King is retiring, Hunt is a good player but small in stature for a winger or fullback. Evo has not been up to the standards required by Madge, particularly in defence. Dylan Farrell is a loss, but again has not consistently played to his potential and others have left our club to have a better chance to play their favourite position at another club because it is so hard to bet a run in our club because of the quality of players in our top side, so it goes on. We cannot hold on to everybody!
    Good common sense attitude and very accurate.

vCash
    Thanks

From @brentread_7 on Twitter:
    "Ferguson has get-out clause if Furner goes. He is now effectively a free agent. Clubs already queueing I would suggest"

vCash
    Thanks

Doesn't Ferguson have a get out clause in his contract if Furner isn't the coach?

- - - Updated - - -

From @brentread_7 on Twitter:
    "Ferguson has get-out clause if Furner goes. He is now effectively a free agent. Clubs already queueing I would suggest"
    Beat me to it lol
    Member 28234
    South Sydney Rabbitohs Forever

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Griffith View Post
    Doesn't Ferguson have a get out clause in his contract if Furner isn't the coach?

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it lol
    Yes he does...the plot thickens.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitforever View Post
    If this is based on the Sunday night dinner with SBW, then not anything serious.
    Mundine, SBW are very close, Blake is Mundine's nephew, going to dinner together is allowed and until anything formal is announced, as far as I'm concerned, Fergo is staying at the raiders.
    Watch the Bulldogs chase him now that Morris is playing fullback and will take over from Barba Ferguson to fill there vacant center spot.

We should move hard and fast he is what we desperately need not Reddy who will be playing for Norths.

We had better start buying Mundine a few dinners and a few nights out with Rusty & GI.

Ferguson in demand after Furner axing
    Brought to you by AAP.Published Date:20/08/2013 06:46:00 PM

Blake Ferguson is set to become the hottest property in the NRL after David Furner's shock sacking by Canberra on Tuesday.

The troubled NSW star has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave should Furner depart and the 42-year-old's axing will fuel speculation Ferguson wants out of the Raiders.

Former Canberra coaches Neil Henry and Tim Sheens are the early favourites to fill the position along with Sydney Roosters assistant coach Jason Taylor and Trent Barrett.

On an eventful evening in the nation's capital, Furner, whose brother Don is the club's chief executive, was sacked with immediate effect.

Assistant coach Andrew Dunemann will take charge for the final three games of the season with the team sitting one place outside of the top eight on points differentia
    Last edited by The Griffin; Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 22:48.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Settlement View Post

Yes we can't hold onto everybody,what we have accomplished is that we now have no depth, who steps up for injuries? Origin? Etc its known that u20s don't step up well, if these players are costing us too much then they should be replaced ,like the storm does with young up and comers, so far injury prone Teddy dosent fit the bill

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killer carter View Post
    Just my thoughts but letting go Hunt and replace with Reddy with groin injury does not make any sense to me ? Seems like a bit of a procession with the exits from Redfern Asotasi,Evo,Farrell,Peats,King ,Crocker,Hunt,Starling, maybe Clark pretty handy half a team right there Wonder who is next ?
    Groin injuries heal. Madge took a gamble and replaced Sandow with a rookie with a full season knee injury and the rest is history.
    Reddy again played city country again this year so Madge isn't the only one to acknowledge his talent.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Groin injuries heal. Madge took a gamble and replaced Sandow with a rookie with a full season knee injury and the rest is history.
    Reddy again played city country again this year so Madge isn't the only one to acknowledge his talent.
    Almost every candidate got injured or pulled out of the city team before they got to Reddy so it's not saying much

vCash
    Thanks

Luke Keary certainly isn't signing with St Merge; he's just extended his contract until the end of 2015.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    Luke Keary certainly isn't signing with St Merge; he's just extended his contract until the end of 2015.
    That is good news Saithis, he is a top prospect for us and has proved himself in our NRL side.

vCash
    Thanks

Nrl Facebook South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire has denied trying to lure former Wallabies captain Rocky Elsom back to the NRL, after the pair was spotted having a coffee together.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spurrj View Post
    Nrl Facebook South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire has denied trying to lure former Wallabies captain Rocky Elsom back to the NRL, after the pair was spotted having a coffee together.
    Thank goodness for that!!!

vCash
    Thanks

Souths deny NRL interest in Rocky Elsom

Darren Walton
    Wed, Aug 21, 2013 - 2:27 PM
    South Sydney coach Michael Maguire has denied trying to lure former Wallabies captain Rocky Elsom back to the NRL.

Elsom, who once lived with NRL stars Johnathan Thurston and Sonny Bill Williams during two seasons with Canterbury before switching codes to rugby union in 2003, met with Maguire and Souths' high-performance coach Troy Thompson on Wednesday.

Recently released from his guest stint as a "medical joker" (injury replacement) at French Top 14 club Toulon, Elsom has been linked to a move to second-dvision club Narbonne.

But the 30-year-old's appearance at Redfern Oval on Wednesday, when he spent more than 90 minutes with Thompson and then had a coffee with coach Maguire, sparked speculation Elsom could return to rugby league.

He also briefly met superstar fullback Greg Inglis, but Maguire played down interest in signing the 197cm, 106kg rugby flanker.

"He's actually come down to see how we go about things. That's all it is," Maguire told AAP.

vCash
    Thanks

I like how Madge is always looking outside the square fot the benefit of the team, he has done work with both the AFL and Rugby administration previously. He is the best thing that has happened to this club in a very long time.

vCash
    Thanks

I believe when he was in the UK he also visited Sir Alex at Man U.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I like how Madge is always looking outside the square fot the benefit of the team, he has done work with both the AFL and Rugby administration previously. He is the best thing that has happened to this club in a very long time.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    I believe when he was in the UK he also visited Sir Alex at Man U.
    The way the media join the dots, tomorrow Madge will need to deny rumours of us signing Wayne Rooney

vCash
    Thanks

Guess who is meeting up with Madge and Richo tomorrow?

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Maybe SBW's manager

vCash
    Thanks

don't hold your breath I reckon the rorters or dogs will try and grab him
    GO THE BUNNIES

vCash
    Thanks

Interview with Bugs Bunny for new Mascot????

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Everhopeful View Post
    The way the media join the dots, tomorrow Madge will need to deny rumours of us signing Wayne Rooney
    Hey EH, did it occur to you that Van Persie's headed goal v Wigan, from a Patrice Evra cross, was a clear case of Pass the Dutchie From the Left Hand Side?
    (And of course, A Message to you Rooney)

vCash
    Thanks

The Man and the manager that is not approved by the NRL but tolerated because of SBW OMG.....
    And afternoon tea will be with Cronulla, Dinner will be the Dogs, midnight snack with Parra....
    "It's not a CT champ, it's a fact."....King Rabbit

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbunny View Post
    Agree Roosters always seem to have a knack to beat us to the punch and get their targets.( ie Maloney & Jennings)
    Dogs recent recruitment has also been good while under Greenberg

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rapido View Post
    Hey EH, did it occur to you that Van Persie's headed goal v Wigan, from a Patrice Evra cross, was a clear case of Pass the Dutchie From the Left Hand Side?
    (And of course, A Message to you Rooney)
    Oh Very Good!
    "It's not a CT champ, it's a fact."....King Rabbit

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Everhopeful View Post
    The Man and the manager that is not approved by the NRL but tolerated because of SBW OMG.....
    And afternoon tea will be with Cronulla, Dinner will be the Dogs, midnight snack with Parra....
    Close but I understand the Man himself has arranged this one, and GI will be attending as icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbunny View Post
    You have to be in it to win it.

vCash
    Thanks

Close but I understand the Man himself has arranged this one, and GI will be attending as icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be in it to win it.
    If it comes down to $$$$ we will miss out . The Man and Money Bill Williams and co are all about the $$$.
    What will be our point of difference to compete with bigger $$$ from x2 clubs also at top end of comp?

vCash
    Thanks

If it comes down to $$$$ we will miss out . The Man and Money Bill Williams and co are all about the $$$.
    What will be our point of difference to compete with bigger $$$ from x2 clubs also at top end of comp?
    He will get market value mate. What do you reckon he is worth? I would say at least 550 to 600k. I believe his game against the Roosters has made his value skyrocket.

vCash
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liverrabbit View Post
    He will get market value mate. What do you reckon he is worth? I would say at least 550 to 600k. I believe his game against the Roosters has made his value skyrocket.
    Hard to put figure on this guy given his baggage and circumstances making him available.. But Roosters will throw money around that you can count on !!!

Thread Participants: 197

1. Bob Sacamano (1 Post),
  2. Siv (45 Posts),
  3. KFC (23 Posts),
  4. Bunny Power (9 Posts),
  5. Finners (1 Post),
  6. Henry (1 Post),
  7. Lefty (11 Posts),
  8. Watto (47 Posts),
  9. Deviot (1 Post),
  10. Weggie (7 Posts),
  11. Botany007 (7 Posts),